View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #41
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamARobot View Post
The drivers have *never* install properly on my machine (Win7 X64 Enterprise). The install package always errored at installing libusb0.dll, which I ignored and it always worked.

Install 2.0.3 and the Touch would show as removable drives, with nothing in them. Uninstall 2.0.3 and the Kobo would show up properly.

What I did was grab the uninstall log, install Kobo Desktop, and then run the usb driver uninstall command that was in the log. Kobo Touch works perfect.
I actually starteted to have the same problem with the previous generation of the software for the kobo wifi (windows 7 32bit HomePrem at the time); the install package also hung at libusb0.dll, but as you said, the software itself always worked after creating a shortcut to the exe and I really never had any issues with it. My wife's machine had no such problems, nor did our laptop, all running the same os and all maintained relatively the same (if I did maintenance on one, I did it on all).

The problem went away once I did my yearly windows re-install, but that said, despite the error message, the software did indeed work fine for me at the time.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote