View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #11
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Wow it's a good thing that's in the Opinion section of their site. The way I read that article he just doesn't like/doesn't see a need for e-readers/e-ink so he's dumping on them all. I don't see how a slate is going to solve the piracy issue or the DRM confusion issue or any of the multitude of supposed issues he see's with e-books. And I'm not interested in slate for reading, I'm quite happy with my e-ink thanks. It's amazing how far the e-book market has shifted since that article was written, since the little no-name companies (read Kobo) are putting out product that's improving every day and are close to being a superior product to the Kindles of the world. Not to mention the fact that they have forced the big guys to bring down their prices to a point where the mass market can afford/is willing to buy them.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote