View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #16
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I am really not sure why putting documents on an SD card seems to speed things up. Yet, it did - at least on my PRS950. I have not tried it on other devices. And there is a poster above who is claiming the same, so it might be worth a shot... But it is puzzling.

The indexing problems that plague SONY devices with a high number of books are well known and have been discussed here on the forums extensively. If I am not mistaken, PRS+ (the alternative firmware developed by the community) allows to turn indexing off exactly for that reason. But I have not tried it out - I just remember reading about it.

I don't know about the best contact at SONY. I have spoken to their CS directly over the phone. They argued back saying it was all fine.

As I mentioned above, I think the only recourse is the BBB:
https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx

In my experience, when enough complaints are filed, businesses do listen.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote