View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #259
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
There's no noticeable difference in speed, just clarity. On the Kobo, the page transitions are more noticeable when compared to the NOOK. That can be just as annoying to some as the traditional eInk flash. I have mine set to three simply because I don't want to see the flash every page or two. Also, on the Kobo I don't believe there's a way to quickly scroll through pages like the NOOK can.
I guess I don't understand the nature of the tradeoff between less eInk flash and clarity. On my Nook STR it doesn't seem to matter (or I don't notice) whether it is page #1 or page #6 - they look equally clear/unclear. And forcing refresh with n/n doesn't make it clearer (though that tends to fix ghosting).

The problem I have with nook is that the fonts are never as clear and dark as I believe from my observations/experiments that it is possible to make them. More frequent full-refresh wouldn't help.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote