View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 04:10 PM   #12
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
I teach - Finance to undergrads. Many publishers nowadays include PDF versions for faculty - but I have been asking publishers for PDF versions of textbooks for years - and most do send them. I think it's great, but you need a device with a big screen and with the capability to handle annotations (hence, a touch screen). I use my iPad for that.

Benefits include portability (really, the main one), ease of searching, ability to delete/edit annotations, ability to share annotations.

Electronic versions could also be cheaper, and could be updated without the need to buy a whole new version, but good luck getting publishers sold on those ideas...

The potential, however, is there. But the market is too insulated from competitive pressures.
OH I agree with you on that note. I am not saying that every E-reader is suitable. But there are a lot of tables that would be.

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote