View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 03:21 PM   #24
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Mobi2IMP does not parse the HTML code; it just does some (global) search and replaces to "fix" things that are "broken" when used with eBook Publisher.

The </p> endings are being stripped/altered BEFORE the .prc is used by Mobi2IMP. I'm not sure if it is tompe's Mobiperl code or the use of BookDesigner. I think BookDesigner may be the culprit of the '<div height="0em"></div> <div height="0em"></div>' construct. Either way it's not Mobi2IMP's doing.
Regarding the stripping of the </p> endings. As I don't use book designer or Perl then I don't suppose it is either of them. I always create my books in html. Then using the html file I create an imp file using eBook Publisher and then a prc file using Mobipocket Creator. I think the culprit must be Mobipocket Creator.

Quote:
I've used eBook Publisher for years and have come to respect its power and usefulness. It also doubles as great "validator" of HTML v3.2 code since it gives detailed error messages and points to the error in the source file.
I agree 100%. Another good validator I use is Amaya.

Quote:
p.s. drool... How do you like the iLiad vs. the eBookwise 1150?
I love all my ebook readers and wouldn't part with any of them.
I prefer my Cybook Gen 3 to the iLiad because of its longer lasting battery and faster boot-up time.
But the eBookwise 1150 beats them all in terms of ergonomics and ease of use. This would be my ideal if it had an e-ink screen.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote