View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
The second week of the Write-a-thon is rolling along nicely. "Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup," as John once said.

My personal challenge, however, is to "pen a minimum of three new short stories so that they may be added to my submission queue. (Stories will only be counted as an achievement if they are complete, of at least 3,500 words apiece, and if I deem them worthy of a place in the queue.)"

That parenthetical comment is the kicker. So far, I am reasonably confident that one of the new WIPs will meet all of my requirements, and be added to the queue before the end of July. Some of the other new pieces may make it into the queue, but won't count toward my Write-a-thon goal due to length... and at least one of the new pieces is a (to me) fascinating basis for a longer work, that will require quite a bit of ancillary research; that one will eventually go in the queue, but for practical reasons I'll probably shelve it until after the Write-a-thon is over, so that I don't fall behind.

Part of this evening will go toward brainstorming new ideas...

Are any other MobileRead members participating in a Clarion Write-a-thon this year?

— M.
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote