I also tryed to place a lot of files on SD card and index them ~3000 or more and:
1) Indexing takes a hours.
2) It takes a years to file viewer to read list of files from data base, to read pictures, to sort them in the way you ask.
I end up with this solution:
1) If I use an SD cart with huge number of files I disable automatically generation of thumbnails and browse the files on SD-card and don't use /Books to see them all.
2) Otherwise I prefer to remove files I don't need from SD-card.
I thought about enhancements of file viewer:
1) I would like to use sorting of all files, so we need all files in one big data-base.
2) A lot of time a file viewer spends on filling quick jump table (a alefbeit on right side of screen), We can add user option to disable this feature.
3) I'm sure that SQL data base works fast, the problem in file viewer. It can ask to data base return to him only data for current page, but one should redesign filling and jumping in jump table.
4) So redesign of file viewer (its integration with sql database) will speed up listing of files.
5) Creating thumbnails for files: we can add another user command in file viewer: index curent directory.
Once more: Lite SQL data base can be huge and this will not degrade performance due to large size. Dividing databse to several will not save a disk space but handling with several dbase will be difficult and take more time.
Last edited by yuri_b; 06-21-2011 at 05:20 AM.