View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 12:57 AM   #81
witeowl
Hopeless Geek
witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color (manual nooter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Another advantage "does-it-all" glowy devices have going for them is that young folk have grown up exposed to glowy devices. While most folks here complain of eyestrain and the like, younger generations are used to staring at glowing displays for long periods of time. For these people, the only remaining draw of dedicated e-ink readers is the long battery life and visibility in brightly lit conditions.
Spot on. It's really odd (to an old fogey like me), but students who can't stand reading books can become engrossed when it's an ebook on one of our classroom iPod touches. I see it happen all the time (and, yes, I check to see that they've actually been reading).
witeowl is offline   Reply With Quote