View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 03:37 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
In industry, a shortage of any kind that lasts more than a few months is proof of bad management or a planned scam. It can also be a collusion of different entities to keep prices up.

There is always a way of having a product outsourced to more effective speedier means, in time to fill a demand. The failure to do so is bad management or plain intent to capitalise. I will not make a guess at which it is in this case but it is the right of the owner of an invention to do so and I hope they make enough money before the market collapses for lack of sales.
You can't build a manufacturing plant for something like eInk screens in "a few months". Takes more like a year to build that sort of plant.

There is no "outsourcing" available for eInk screens. There's only one company who makes them - PVI in Taiwan - and I'm sure that they are increasing their capacity as quickly as they are physically able to do so. It's in their own interests to do so - they more screens they make, the more money they make.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote