Seeing something strange!!
I used this hack on my last K3 which I recently had to get replaced because it froze for an unrelated/unknown problem.
Anyway, when i did the hack on the replacement - basically followed the same steps as documented by NiLuJe here, i got a very interesting result.
It worked fine and my replacement font looked good. But when I pressed the Aa button to adjust the font size I saw some strange options I had not seen previously. I will try to show here what I am seeing:
Typeface std sans mono alt
Line Spacing 112 125-small 136-med 150-lg 162
Words per line and the rest of the options were the same. What was weird was that I could change the line spacing and realized that there were more options than previously and that I could now switch between my new alt font (I had chosen dejavu), mono - which looks like the standard ugly font seen on green and black screens), sans - which looks like the standard kindle sans option and std - which looks like the default kindle font.
I went to settings and checked to see if I was on the latest version or if something new had come out because this is kinda weird. If NiLuJe wants to follow up, I will gladly send you some pictures i took of what i displayed above as well as a copy of my reader.pref, which I will also display below:
#User preferences for Reader Booklet
#Sat Jun 11 10:01:23 EDT 2011
DICTIONARY=Oxford Dictionary of English
LAST_BOOK_READ=/mnt/us/documents/A Clash of Kings A Song of Ice a-asin_B000FC1HBY-type_EBOK-v_0.azw