View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #10
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
you can't view your bookcover's in your library on the Kindle? That's rather lame.

navigating around the device the kindle looks really really dated.

I can't imagine anyone under the age of 40 who is just basically reads and doesn't need to export notes or read technical PDF's (and any 6 inch eink screen is bad at it) would choose a kindle over a touch screen in this day and age of Droids, iPhones and tablets.
I was a little disappointed when I discovered it didn't show the covers in the list. Not a big deal, but it would be kinda neat. I'm under 40, and reading is still a low-tech activity for me. 95% of my navigation involves the forward pageturn. I pick a book from the menu, and my thumb parks atop one button for an hour. I can see how the touchscreen would be nice for people who do a lot of highlighting.

I also don't care about text-to-speech, MP3 playback, etc. The review guy pointed out the K3 having "a lot more features," but they weren't really any features I would miss. One thing confuses me: if it doesn't have MP3 playback, what's the point of the Nook's SD card slot? An extra 25,000 books?
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote