View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #80
markdek
Addict
markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post

- only sync items in your list that are not on the device. Probably suits most people. I need to ask Kovid/chaley how to identify whether a book has its 'ondevice' value set for a given book id.

- store in each list more information for each book in the list, rather than just its id. Such as an indication whether it has been synced to the device as yet. Then when you do a sync, it only sends books that according to the list it has not sent previously. So if you wanted to "force" a book to be sent again (e.g. you updated its metadata or got a better version), you could just remove/add it to the list again.
As a newbie, I'm not sure how you're handling Sorting. I.E., the first time you send the full "To Read List" to the Kindle/Device, it's in the reading order that you want. If you do subsequent partial polling/syncing, how will the To Read List on the Kindle/Device be kept in the desired reading order?.

For example;

Original List:

1 Book A
2 Book B
3 Book C

New Partial List (additional books to be added from 2nd sync):

Book D
Book E
Book F

Where will books D, E, and F end up (where in the order of 6 books?) and how, and why? You're injecting a partial list into an initial reading list.

And what if I want to change up the order;

1 Book A
2 Book B
3 Book C

But, I want to change that to:

1 Book B
2 Book C
3 Book A

If I can only send to the Kindle/Device a subset (additional) of To Read List books, how can the entire To Read List be re-sorted?

This is either food for thought, or uninformed rambling.

Last edited by markdek; 06-09-2011 at 05:54 PM.
markdek is offline   Reply With Quote