View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #76
markdek
Addict
markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Yeah CWatkinsNash, I'm more interested in understanding, and not in critiquing....hope I didn't come across like that. I agree, it must be difficult to design/write these plugins after-the-fact, and using reverse engineering. So I would expect limitations.

RE: "the tagging".......sorry, that was a typo. I'm not using tags whatsoever...in any way. I'm only working w/ collections. I meant I had already created the To Read List values in the Kindle Collections column. Since the plugin detected both the column and the To Read List value, I just assumed it could read it into the Default list.

As to the other comments on manual data entry........what I loved about the Reading List plugin is the ability to re-order this list. This cannot be done on the Kindle. Re-ordering the Reading list is it's coolest feature. Otherwise, manual working w/ the tags and/or the collections is relatively easy w/ a small-ish database. I currently only am working with 300 books.

Lastly, I don't mind PM'ing you, etc., but this back and forth might be instructional to some that are as ignorant as me....lol...thxs.

Last edited by markdek; 06-09-2011 at 04:06 PM.
markdek is offline   Reply With Quote