View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #86
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jridley View Post
I've never found a use for even one dictionary. And I made the decision to buy the Nook BECAUSE of the ghosting problem. Well, not because I wanted ghosting, but because it results in faster page turns.

I have read two books on the Nook STR so far, one about 800 pages and the second 500 pages. I have yet to have the ghosting even be noticeable to me when reading; it's less apparent than the text printed on the obverse side of a piece of paper. I can see it if I hold the device to a strong light and find the right angle, but that IMO is a ridiculous test.

I would make the same decision again; purchase BECAUSE of this feature.

I also chose this reader in part because it has very few distractions. I wanted a reader, not a toy.
I'm glad that you have no use for dictionaries on your reader and that the ghosting on your unit isn't as bad as it was made out to be in other threads. As for wanting a reader and not a toy, I don't think that any e-ink readers offer many features that serve as distractions, other than internet browsers. Some may have simple games that can be downloaded, like Sudoku or whatnot. Generally speaking, though, I think the e-ink readers are pretty distraction free.

At any rate, to each his own. Everyone has different priorities when it comes to their ebook readers.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote