View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #61
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
I have a few questions, sorry if they are simple but, I'm a little confused:

Okay, I have both the book sync and reading list plug in.
1. Does this updated plugin take the place of the book sync?
As I put on the first post, you should uninstall the Book Sync plugin.
Quote:
2. What happens to my reading list?
Nothing, it will be unchanged by upgrading to this version. However uninstalling Book Sync will lose any books which you had on your Book Sync lists, so you should sync those before uninstalling unless you don't mind adding them to new reading lists.
Quote:
3. Do I now add books to this list that I want to side load onto my kindle?
That depends. Do you want every book on your reading list on your Kindle? Then sure, associate your Kindle with the list and you can Sync with it. Alternatively, create a second reading list just for Kindle sync purposes. That was why I was asking for input above as to why people had multiple lists, and they gave many valid reasons.
Quote:
4. I have a TBR collection on my kindle and a currently reading on my kindle (by custom columns), how does the reading list affect these two collections? or do they?
Reading list has no involvement with collections on your Kindle, any more than Book Sync did. You can (when meme releases his next version) automatically create Kindle Collections after you sync a reading list to your Kindle. However what collections are created are nothing to do with this plugin, that is up to how you configure the Kindle Collections plugin. All this plugin will do is (1) send the books on a list to a device, and (2) effectively click the "Create Collections" menu of meme's plugin automatically for you. Both these things are optional and off by default.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote