View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 05:56 AM   #46
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
That alone would stop me from buying the Nook. I create my own PDF's (don't like any implementation of an epub reader so far), and those tend to become somewhat larger than a pdf (for example, the book I'm now reading is 1.5Mb in Epub and 4.7Mb in PDF). I'm also one that loves to keep all her books on her reader as I never know what my fance wants me to read at any time. And all those PDF's amount to about 400Mb so far (and the collection is growing...)
How much storage do you need?

Would 4 Gigs be enough? How about 8? Or 16 Gigs?

How about 32 Gigs? Would that do it for you?

MicroSD cards are getting cheaper every day, and unlike the Sony 350 (the only Sony in the Nooks price range) the Touch Nook has a MicroSD card slot.

Of course, if you can find one, and don't mind paying about a $100 more, so does the PRS-650.

Now, to manage that HUGE amount of space, you will probably want folder level navigation capabilities, but don't worry the Nook has this built in (where, sadly, the PRS-650 does not).

But the good news is . . .

You can match BOTH the expandable memory and folder navigation capabilities of the Nook, if you are simply willing to find, and buy, the much more expensive PRS-650, and then risk turning it into a much more expensive BRICK by hacking the firmware.

Last edited by delphin; 06-08-2011 at 06:24 AM.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote