View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #9
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
The "Flags of the world" link jumps to a blank page on my Cybook. It works on the N810 and FBReader.
I think the Cybook behaviour is the right one.

When I made this ebook (several years ago) I wanted to limit the number of links and graphic elements included, so that it would be easier on my ebook reader (REB 1200).

To that end, what I did was use the 'print-friendly' pages of a main country entry. To do that, I "abandoned" the links from the flags to the countries pages. This is why the Cybook can't follow the link.

The reason the N810 and FBReader may work is because the flags' trailing filename of the link is the same as the 'print-friendly' filename, just in another directory i.e. main country pages in 'geos' directory whereas 'print-friendly' page in 'print' directory. By design, the flags' links go to the 'geos' directory, but those files were not included. Follow?

Also, I had taken the source from a mirror of the CIA website, malloppo.altervista.org, which doesn't exist anymore, so you can't follow most of the internet links.

By the way, there are numerous tables used throughout which needed to be fixed before they would display properly. I could have missed some tables and that is why the Cybook 'breaks' there.

I may do an update of the CIA World Factbook, so I will try to correct these issues then.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote