View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #74
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
how is it an issue when you can use an SD card, this was brought up somewhere before, I can't remember where, but when explained all of a suddent the sky wasn't falling.

and the fact that the criciticism comes from a Kindle owner who's device doesn't even have an sd card slot nor allows the side loading of ePubs, only non dRm'd mobi, so he has more issues to worry about in his own backyard as opposed to pointing out shortcoming of others

just sayin.
This is not a competition between devices. He can't "fix" the Kindle any more than I can "fix" the Nook, so getting on to him for buying a device (Kindle 3) that he doesn't like enough to NOT be shopping around in the Nook forum is silly.

I don't like the dark partition because I don't like not knowing how much more space I have for Nook books before I need to start archiving things. I'm a control freak with my devices and I want to know where I stand in terms of internal memory and how quickly it's being used.

It's a feature that a lot of folks want, and this YOU HAVE A AMAZON DEVICE GET OUT OF OUR FORUM auto-nuking is getting tiresome. If you really don't want to see his posts, use the Ignore feature. Very convenient.

Quote:
I don't know anamardoll maybe some of us are tired of having to defend our purchases at every turn. Especially on our own subforum.
This is a fanboi mentality. You do NOT need to defend your purchase. The nook suits you 100%? Great!!

But the rest of us want to talk about the features we do/don't like and suss out our OWN purchase preferences.

I don't see anyone criticizing you for having a nook. Please don't feel persecuted when I say, "I don't like X feature" -- it's not directed at YOU.

EDIT: Also, if people complaining about the Nook feels directed at you, you might want to NOT read threads that are specifically entitled "Petty Quibbles about the Nook" or whatnot.

Last edited by anamardoll; 06-07-2011 at 10:33 AM.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote