View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 05:53 AM   #3
maggievnc
Enthusiast
maggievnc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maggievnc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maggievnc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maggievnc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maggievnc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maggievnc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maggievnc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maggievnc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maggievnc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maggievnc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maggievnc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, maclibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltic Gal View Post
Hello I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I'm working on turning a family member's manuscript into a epub. I've never made an epub before (web sites with basic XHTML yes, epubs no.) This whole process has been a bit of adventure for me. And headache.

I've already turned the files into an epub and went through the validation at Threepress Consulting Inc's web site once. Errors came up and I went in and fixed those. Rezipped the files and when I sent it through the validation at Threepress only one error came up.

It's now saying the META-INF file is not there. This error didn't come up the first time around.

It's there. I'm not sure what's going on or what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help?

Thank You.
Well, after going thrugh a helish time with this epub thing I found the best way is working with the smashwords style guide. http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/52 (it's free)

this is a STEP BY STEP GUIDE instructing how to prepare your WORD file to epub. after doing that i finally received from the epub validation website the words i was longing to: PASSED and VALID.....
I can assure you that once you follow this guide it will work. (except for some exceptions like a problematic url link.. or so.:-;

anyway if you need any further assistance - i will gladly do so.
good luck,
Sara

http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/saradagan
maggievnc is offline   Reply With Quote