View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 02:54 PM   #46
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
1 - it seems to be a hardware defect. lots of units have it and i wonder if they all do and some people just aren't able to tell.

2 - you'd have to root it first to be able to modify system apps - check xda for tutorials

3 - tegra 2 is limited to main profile for 720p and above and with an mp4 container. it seems it can't handle the mkv well. with 3.1 there's better support for high profile hd files. you just need to convert and re-encode the audio to aac (most mkv's i've seen are ac3). also tutorials on xda or you can just search the web for general instructions on converting. converting from mkv to mp4 only takes a few minutes rather than hours if you re-encode since you're only re-encoding the audio.

i'm going for tf #3. i'm hoping this one will be a keeper. it'll be here next tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipsys View Post
1. It does seem the right speaker is louder than left, as aforementioned. For awhile I was worried it was a mono-output device. Not a huge deal, but I wonder what the cause is.
2. I'd like to "decrapify" it and disable the Asus preinstalled widgets in favor of my own, but I've not found a tutorial as to how to do so safely and completely.
3. The biggest issue I've found to date - Video Playback. I've tried a handful of video players and nearly all of them are choppy on a typical 720p HDTV mkv format rip. Now, this thing plays Vendetta Online and Dungeon Defenders, some higher end 3d graphical offerings, without any trouble. The thing is advertised to play 1080p video (via HDMI out), so I figured simple 720p on the screen wouldn't be an issue. If I can't find a solution, its going back.
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote