View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 07:19 PM   #45
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm not sure what the exact copyright status of Master and Margarita is, but Wikipedia has a link to a website that has the full text of the 1967 Michael Glenny translation as well as the 1997 Pevear AND Volokhonsky translation. There's also several sites that have a pdf of the Pevear and Volokhonsky translation which claim it is released under the Creative Commons license.

Make of it what you will.
I would *highly* suspect that the 1997 translation is still under copyright no matter the claim of Creative Commons. The same website has the complete "Hitchhikers Guide" available in PDF also, and I'm *pretty sure* that is still under copyright. Though the author died in 1940, the book was not published for the first time until 1966 and the first English translation later in the 1960's. I've been searching for a legal free copy and all I can find are the questionable and the pirates.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote