Thread: Magazines
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 02:51 PM   #10
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
Funny thing is that if you buy a magazine for a Classic Nook, it IS reformatted for the device (essentially just text articles) and most people hate it that way too.

In fact, if you have both a Classic Nook and a Color Nook, you can download the same magazine to both (the magazine is in your B&N account) and on the Classic it looks like just text articles, while on the Color it looks like you described. Maybe you should get yourself a Classic Nook or borrow one and take a look. Actually, you could use both side-by-side, and look at the pictures on the Color and read the articles on the Classic! I'm only partially kidding.
I can't download any of my magazines to the Nook Classic - they all claim that it isn't supported - so this may depend on individual magazines. I have National Geographic and cooking magazines, which are very picture-heavy - presumably that's why.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote