View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #198
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
The misleading thing is that you assume that it is the same artists that should make an income. Things change. For some artists this will be good for and for some it will be bad. So asking the question in a way that assume that exactly the same artists have to continue to earn the same amount of money is asking the wrong question.
Now you're being misleading and intentionally so. I never said that the exact same artists should continue to make the exact same income. I've always spoken in generic terms of artists and writers and so on. Not once did I intimate that things couldn't or wouldn't change.

However, there has to be some viable mechanism for artists of all types to continue to make an income. Without that, removing copyright is foolish and malicious.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote