View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 09:45 AM   #197
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I can only speak to the way things are done here in the US. In this country bootlegging, or counterfeiting, merchandise, including books, music and movies is big business. We routinely read about busts and the seizure of fake goods. If this was legal and could be done above board and without fear of arrest, then as I said, I expect these operations would grow explosively.
Laws can apply to highly specific things if you wish them to. We can easily imagine a reworking of copyright applicable specifically to digital things, we have been working on it for awhile but it seems to have been leaning towards protectionism when we should be headed towards openness.

Do you understand that if nothing can be sold, the bootleggers would instantly go out of business, indeed there would be no business left for them. People should theoretically get their content from the authentic source, and be willing to pay the authentic source.

The right to a digital copy is a natural right.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote