View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 09:38 AM   #145
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Well, I guess that's something I might consider looking at, but its not clear what the issue is.

If you open a book and just use goto to get to the end or spot where you want you can avoid 're-reading' a book. What would you want the plugin to do?

The main issue is that the mbp format is not fully known. There are some sites/attempts to document it - but modifying it could potentially mess up the file and lose your notes, etc. So I'm not certain it would be safe, although I might look at what is available for it.
The issue for me is to use your method (as I currently do), you now have a different date than you actually read the book. I would like to be able to change that date from say today to September 9, 2010. I have no desire to change anything other than the date. As it is now I have to reopen the books to get the fully read status, and on the ones with notes/highlights I have to go back to their locations to re-mark them. Luckily I know what the info is because when I finish reading a book, I re-convert them back to mobi and use the feature to add the comments info to the first page of the book, so that I always have that info readily available whether I have the mbp or not.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote