View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 05:35 PM   #6
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
It sounds like a Nook or Kindle would work best for you. The Sony 950 has 3G connectivity but I think browsing is limited to the Sony bookstore. I know someone will correct me if I am wrong about that.
That's correct. To connect to the internet on the 950, you need a wifi connection.

I have a Nook wifi. For classics, there's a wide selection to choose from. B&N has their own classics series but not all of them are free. They're really inexpensive to buy (the ones that aren't free) but I just download them from here or other websites for free.

I don't have much experience with PDFs on my nook. I downloaded a couple of PDF e-books from my library and to be honest, I didn't like the way it was formatted. The pages didn't reformat well to the six inch screen of the nook. I'm not sure how the nook does with other types of PDFs (i.e. PDFs with graphs, pictures, etc.).

The nook is great for library borrowing. I borrow books from the library all the time. Just be aware that some of the more popular books may have a long waiting time. For instance, last night I got an e-mail for a book that I put on hold but I honestly forgot that I had even placed the hold because it took such a long time for it to be filled.

I've never tried to read blogs or news sites on the nook. I really hate the browser on the nook classic. I always get kinda dizzy navigating back and forth between the LCD screen and the e-ink screen when using the browser (it works just fine for everything else, just not the browser). I just use my iPod Touch to browse sites, including news and text heavy sites. However, text heavy sites might show up well on a nook classic.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote