View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 11:44 AM   #23
DiannaInVA
Enthusiast
DiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobits View Post
If all you want to do is run the stock rom rooted and prevent autoupdates, easiest way seems to be to change the db parameter to manual.

Code:
# sqlite3 /data/data/com.bn.devicemanager/databases/devicemanager.db
sqlite> update registry set value='manual' where name='com.bn.device.fota.mode';
sqlite> .q
# reboot
I think I'm a bit lost...I checked on XDA to see if there were additional directions, but am having a hard time sorting through the posts.

Does anyone know of good step-by-step directions to make these changes? The name of the app needed, where to type in the above text, is an sd card needed, etc.
DiannaInVA is offline   Reply With Quote