View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #3
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
It sounds like a Nook or Kindle would work best for you. The Sony 950 has 3G connectivity but I think browsing is limited to the Sony bookstore. I know someone will correct me if I am wrong about that.

The problem is the Sony has the best PDF functionality of the ebook readers. I think it is the only one with PDF reflow, I am not sure about the Nook Color.

The K3 is ok with PDFs. I have a few PDFs on my DXG and K3. I took a look at them on the K3 and very quickly decided I would only be reading them on the DXG. the font was to small and the zooming option would not have worked with the books I had on it. The problem is that the DXG does not allow you to annotate PDFs and the K3 does.

I have not used the web browser on the K3 so I have no idea how well it works. From what I read it works well enough that people use it for checking email and text based sites. It works in a pinch but would not replace a cell phone or regular browser.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote