View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
GlassPawn
GlassPawn began at the beginning.

Device: none
Which E-Reader Works For Me?

Hi. I'm new to this forum and to the e-reader devices. I've been looking at the Kindle, Nook Color, and Sony e-reader (but not unwilling to buy another type), but am I unsure of which e-reader will fit my needs.

Right now, I'm envisioning using the e-reader to read the free books available (Sherlock Holmes, Jane Austen books, War and Peace, and other classics). I also see myself (in the future) taking advantage of my public library's e-loan program.

I'm also very interested in reading PDF documents on an e-reader. I currently have a lot of legal documents, government documents, and academic papers saved on my PC in PDF format and would like to transfer them onto an e-reader and read them from there rather than wasting paper and printer ink by printing them all out.

Also, at this point I do not see myself buying a ton of e-books. This might change in the future, but for now I might only buy an e-book when it is substantially cheaper than buying a traditional book or if a title is only available in the e-book version.

And lastly, I would like an e-reader that can provide the opportunity for me to check out the websites of online newspapers and blogs, so that I may read the articles when I'm away from my computer. Right now, I've been using my Iphone for such functions, but I would prefer to look at an e-reader for this purpose even if the 3g network is a little slow. I'm not interested in viewing videos or pictures online. I am also not interested in social networking sites or even checking email (my Iphone serves this purpose), just reading news articles and legal/academic blogs.

At this point, I'm leaning toward the Kindle 3G, although I'm open to suggestions. I should say that I cannot afford an Ipad and would prefer to not go over $250. Thanks, in advance, for your replies. I really appreciate it!

-GlassPawn
GlassPawn is offline   Reply With Quote