View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #21
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy3b View Post
Ok, I don't get it with people actually defending the idea of intentionally building a device w/o a user replaceable battery. WTF is wrong with you who think it is a good and reasonable idea!!!??? Seriously what is your damage?
It allows the device to be made smaller and lighter.

Quote:

And the whole idea that doing so makes the device thinner is using a ridiculous argument if you compare the size of this Toshiba device with the others, including the iPad. We are taking a few mm difference, that is all.
The Toshiba is almost twice as thick as the ipad (.62" vs .34") and weighs 5 oz more. This is not a ridiculous argument; it's what most people prefer.

Quote:

In return you get a device that if you take care of it, will last you years and years. A heavy user will burn up a battery to the point where the remaining battery capacity is all but pointless in a much sorter time than other light users. So what you are saying is anyone who uses the device often should be forced to spend another $600ish just because the battery is worn out? I think that Apple does offer a battery replacement for a fee. Knowing them that fee is probably at least as much as the battery itself.
Apple will replace the battery for $99. That strikes me as being competitive with the $89 Toshiba is charging for their battery.
Quote:

I swear too many people have no idea of the value of a dollar anymore. Or never have had to actually work for a living or been in a situation where these luxuries are all buy impossible to fit into the budget and when it can finally be purchased it has to last. Come off your ivory towers and mingle with the peons instead of uttering "let them eat cake" from your lofty position. Remember this, one day you will be one of those peons, even if just for a week, trust me, it will happen to you too.

Last edited by Andrew H.; 04-26-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote