View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #38
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Can't say that I'm surprised. The major shortcomings of the stock reader app and update 1.1 were precursors to this. I've outgrown the stock device. I'll just buy an Android tablet now and move on.
+1 Totally agree.

B&N stock device deviated so much from the stock Android OS that it's major work for them to add their B&N features on top of moving Android platform. I had no expectation with their new update would make the device more tablet like and folks disappointment only confirms my suspicion.

For over a month now I've been running Gingerbread 2.3 (CM7) on my nook and couldn't be happier. Folks on CM7 keep on adding features and bug fixes faster than I care to update. They've even added tablet like features to make the nook more tablet like.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote