View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 05:49 PM   #29
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Regarding PRS-50* add-ons:

I really do not need a keyboard. I *do* see the ease of searching for a new book via wifi as a darn nifty thing, so a USB dongle would be useful. So far as I know, there is a basic system of interface on the device that I think could be used to work the wifi purchasing. If I am not mistaken, there are hacks available on MobileRead for clocks and other apps that utlise the 5-way navigator.

Again, I LOVE MY READER. I do not see the lack of wifi as a detriment but I can see how that feature could sway people toward the Kindle. With web access to periodicals, the Kindle makes That being said, colour screens will be crucial to such a step; Comics and magazine would be great in colour, and it could help in the non-fiction department.

Amazon does seem to have the upperhand in marketing. Every time I look at Amazon.com, cannot escape seeing the Kindle. Visit www.sony.com, and I get all itchy. Dang, but that site is too slick for its own good. However, as Steve points out, many people appreciate having a device in their hot little hands. Especially one that costs $400.

If Nate's post about both readers entering the UK market is true (sorry I can't imbed links yet), then we'll really have a neat contest on our hands.

SONY has gone 1/2 in its format battles. Am eager to see how round 3 works out.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote