View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 06:54 AM   #49
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Does this handle geographic restrictions?
Noish. It doesn't disable the store or use say Amazon UK instead of Amazon.com when you search. However, Amazon will know where you are and take the appropriate action. So anything you search for using the Amazon plugin won't show a price. Just like if you went to the website and searched there.

Quote:
BTW: I would be interested in adding some of the UK stores if no one else is doing it (don't want to waste my time). The list would be something like Foyles, Waterstones, WH Smith, Tesco.
Be my guest. Use the current plugins as examples (be sure to read the Amazon one I have a long set of comments that you will need to know) and I've commented the base classes fairly well. Plugins are flexible and you can do pretty much what ever you want. See MobileRead for a non embedded browser example. You're only limited what the store (read the affiliate agreement) allows.

Quote:
I can also do amazon.co.uk if your affiliate ID doesn't work with them, which seems like it would be the case from reading their policies.
Mine does not. With Amazon each .tld site requires a country specific affiliate login. I have no plans to deal with non-US, "automated" affiliate programs. The whole declaring foreign income on my taxes or dealing with country specific tax codes doesn't sound fun to me.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote