I took your plugin and modified it, so it can be used for the Kindle (not that easy without knowing Python). Perhaps there is an interest in my changes, then I would send them to you for checking them.
Caution!:The Kindle does not support this without jailbreaking it and installing the screensaver mod!
The change I made does the following:
- Resize the picture with or without looking for the aspect ratio
- make sure the Kindle resets after disconnecting from the PC, so that the pictures are used
- create a unique name so that many files can be used at once
Changes I am interested in (perhaps I manage this):
- use the book title as picture name
- check if the Kindle is jailbreaked (then the folder with the pictures doesn't exist)
- a message, when the Kindle isn't jailbreaked with a warning about doing it and a link where to find informations about it
As I wrote, the Kindle must be jailbreaked, so I can't say if this plugin mod would be allowed here at all. I would say yes, as far as I remember, I found the jailbreak here. The pictures are saved as jpg, as the Kindle can't use bmp files as screensaver pictures.