A while ago, I used this procedure to convert many .lit files into .IMP formats (EBW 1150 and REB 1200).
This information was originally posted to the REB 1200 Yahoo group, and for those who do not have access to that group, I re-post same here, namely:
- Lit2sb converter compatible with eBook Publisher 2.x (EBW/GEB 1150, REB1200,GEB2250/2200/2150 )
- Instructions on how to effectively use this program to convert .lit files into .imp (Reb 1200/GEB 1150 formats)
After setting this up, one "double-click" and your .lit file gets converted. Note, you can also use batch files to convert en-masse!
EDIT 14 Feb 2008
: added batch files to convert all .lit files in a directory to .IMP. Must read the instructions first, create the empty file 'GEB1150' and ensure you 'associate' .lit as described therein, and properly place all required programs in your 'path'. After that, double-click 'NRconvert lit to 1150 imp.bat' and wait for your results. By the way, when you double-click just the .lit file in windows explorer, you must manually rename the 'o_sb.imp' file; when using these batch files (even for one .lit), it's all done for you.
EDIT 23 Aug 2008
: I have re-compiled a windows executable (Lit2sb.exe) based on a modified copy of that perl script to allow proper conversions. Just replace the original lit2sb.exe executable with the one in the lit2sb.zip attachment in the thread Original Lit2sb perl script RESURRECTED!
Among the things fixed were:
- uses source .lit filename as final .imp output filename and places resulting .imp in the same directory as the .lit source.
- for resulting .imp and .opf, no longer uses 8.3 filenames.
- uses "2%" left and right margins now, instead of "18pt"
- properly scales GEB1150/EBW1150 cover image so as to avoid bottom margin bleeding.
- fixed system calls to external programs to properly prefix path.
p.s. thanks to zelda_pinwheel
for inspiring me to write this