View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #33
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v0.2 Beta

Here is another version for you incorporating a number of the changes and additions mentioned above. Add the duplicate exemption support raised the complexity several times but I "think" it is getting there.

If you have downloaded a previous version, please delete the "Find Duplicates.json" config file from your plugins folder. I couldn't be bothered with backwards compatibility for a beta.

Stuff I know differs in this release:
  • Fixed various bugs to do with navigating and initial group selection
  • Fix the "3 in a group" bug that Tom found.
  • Rename the algorithms as per Charles suggestion.
  • Implement the "Mark group as exempt", "Mark all groups as exempt", "Show all duplicate exemptions" and "Remove selected duplicate exemptions" features
  • Added a "Show all duplicates" menu item. Note this does not as yet attempt to do any of the restriction/highlighting stuff above, will wait for Charles to add stuff to Calibre
  • Significantly changed the way books are marked.

The marking dictionary stuff is quite different to my first version. What I do now is store a whole bunch of markings at the same time, and recalculate them all every time you do an action. So for instance you could at any point do "marked:duplicates" to see all the books reported as duplicates. In fact Charles you can do this as a saved search, manually turn on highlighting and then use the next/previous group to do exactly as we discussed above a little more "manually".

At the same time it is also possible to view individual groups using "marked:duplicate_group_000x". Choosing next/previous result will recalculate the marked books, but if you felt so inclined you could just overtype the number and hit Go to see a specific group etc.

The third simultaneous marking is "marked:not_duplicate". This is applied to all books that are part of a duplicate exemption.

In theory we could use the above for sorting when showing all duplicate books, as I store composite values with "duplicate_group_000x" always at the beginning of the "marked" field value. I haven't bothered to apply any sorting at this point but the ability is there.

Removing duplicate exemptions is as I described in posts above - for each book you have seleted, it removes all associated exemption pairings. So if you initially mark a group that has (1,2,3) that will create exemptions of (1,2),(1,3),(2,3). If you were to right click on book 3 and choose remove exemption, then refresh your search it will just keep (1,2).

Clearly I haven't thrashed it and could well have broken new stuff so as always feedback appreciated. If you don't like the menus, names, ordering, want more/less confirmations or whatever please offer suggestions along with anything else that comes to mind. I suspect we are closer to a 1.0 release than 0 which the number indicates but it may just be wishful thinking.

Last edited by kiwidude; 04-15-2011 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Later beta in this thread
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote