View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 06:02 AM   #101
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This happened in 2002. What was the actual outcome? I'd be very surprised if it had been judged to be copyright infringement!
Under your approach, it doesn't matter what the outcome was. The studios would accuse you of infringement, and you would accept their statement as true:
Quote:
I would consider that they are in a better position to determine the licensing terms of their own products than I am. If I had inadvertently mis-read the licence, and done something that I shouldn't do, then I would be grateful to have my error pointed out to me. I imagine that most people would prefer to be told that they are doing something wrong, and be given the opportunity to stop doing it, than be prosecuted for it.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote