View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 04:02 AM   #95
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I think the argument was that this was a device whose PURPOSE was to skip the ads, and hence infringe copyright. However, as I said in my previous post, provided that was not its PRIMARY purpose, the precident set by the Universal v. Sony case would almost certainly apply.
I know you did, but I'm just extending the studios' utterly ridiculous argument to its logical conclusion. According to them, if you don't watch the commercials, you're stealing the show.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote