View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie
Deputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs505
I was unaware of the version in the Harvard Classic series. I have looked at the version uploaded by TS Greer and in it the issues of navigation have not been really addressed. Also I was somewhat put off by the overall lack of organization in the file. Among other things all of the chapters run one into another wiith no breaks between them.

The one in the Harvard Classics seems to have even fewer navigation abilities. Indeed it does not appear to have even the most rudimentary of TOCs.

That being said it is indeed clear that my files are much larger. I suspect that there are several reasons for this. First of all my personal penchant for extended and extensive navigational abilities certainly must create some issues including those of size in my files. Also the fact that I have included a 200k byte jpeg as a cover swells the file size (though not by 200k). and I am coming to the conclusion that libprs500, wonderful program it may be, tends to create larger files than many other programs. Note that my pdf file of the kjv bible is smaller than the sum of sizes of the bible in .lrf format.

I guess which file you choose to put on your machine will depend in large part to how much "pretty" is worth to you?
Deputy-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote