Thread: SBPubX Builder
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 12:04 PM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Dale:

The Blackmask DVD v1 that was produced several years ago contains a directory with all ebooks in .zip files (one for each ebook). Another directory on my DVD contains all ebooks in .LIT format.

Within the .zip file, normally there will be the main .htm, a separate TOC .htm, and the Blackmask index.htm using frames to display the ebook. This .zip file is probably the file used by www.munseys.com ( previously www.blackmask.com ) when choosing the 'Zipped' download option.

I had previously converted almost all 11,000 ebooks from .LIT to .IMP using the program lit2sb available in the files section of the REB 1200 Yahoo group. I have posted there detailed instructions along with sample results.

HOWEVER, the .IMP files produced were based on the corresponding .LIT and I had no control over title page selection (or not), font size and TOC positioning. Also, the author, title and category metadata was not always filled in fully. I wasn't 100% visually satisfied with this conversion.

So, I changed tactics and wanted to use the .zip files instead as my source, but that required much more setup. I'm now about half way through converting the Blackmask DVD v1 to .IMP formats (GEB/EBW 1150 and REB 1200) using a variant of the 'buildIMP.pl' perl script mentioned in my previous post.

I attach sample conversions with each sample having two .IMP files; the one ending in '_1150' is for the GEB/EBW 1150 and the one ending in '_1200' for the REB 1200.

I have taken to heart your stated views on font sizes for the GEB/EBW 1150 and have allowed in my conversion the use of the 'small' font size for the 1150 as well as 'x-small' as used by www.munseys.com .

This is just the tip of the iceberg...

-Nick

p.s. as an aside, I have always enjoyed reading your posts. You have unique insights into our beloved ebook readers (I have all three) and have contributed greatly to 'our' community. Hopefully, I can help with command-line conversions using perl scripts. While I am proficient in the use of eBook Publisher, it is just too time-consuming 'fixing' poorly written .htm/.opf files and would like to use perl scripts to accomplish same!
Attached Files
File Type: imp Cristo-small_1150.imp (1.94 MB, 764 views)
File Type: imp Cristo-small_1200.imp (1.80 MB, 812 views)
File Type: imp Cristo-x-small_1150.imp (1.84 MB, 754 views)
File Type: imp Cristo-x-small_1200.imp (1.73 MB, 767 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 01-30-2008 at 01:21 PM. Reason: fixing typos...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote