View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #6
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff3 View Post
Thanks for the comments,
I finally did a "Save as Text" from Adobe Reader and converted the text to EPUB in Calibre, lost my pictures but you can't see them very well anyway with an ebook.
This can often be manually fixed:
  1. Convert the original PDF to EPUB using Calibre, ignoring the text errors.
  2. Change the EPUB's extension to ZIP.
  3. Extract the contents of the ZIP to reveal any pictures sucessfully converted.
  4. Convert the good TXT version to EPUB using Calibre.
  5. Edit that EPUB in Sigil and manually insert the images extracted from the ZIP, using the original PDF viewed in Acrobat Reader for placement reference.
  6. Convert the edited EPUB to your desired final format in Calibre if you need something other than EPUB.

I just used this method to do a conversion yesterday. Its not a "one click" procedure, but it does work.

Last edited by dwig; 03-13-2011 at 02:33 PM.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote