View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #1
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
mobi catalog = periodical, ePub catalog = book

I have Calibre make catalogs regularly so that I have offline access to the book descriptions and series order for everything on my device (it helps me figure out what to read next).

When the Calibre output is a mobi file, Kindle displays it as a periodical with enhanced navigation (browsing the catalog is quick and easy). When the Calibre output is an ePub file, I don't get Sony's special periodical magic.

Calibre can create ePub files with the extra stuff Sony needs for periodicals (it does so with news feeds), but after spelunking through preferences and plugins, I cannot see how to do it for ePub catalogs.

So, my questions are:
Can Calibre be configured to create ePub catalogs as Sony periodicals?
If not, can Calibre convert an existing file to Sony periodical format?
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote