View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
DiannaInVA
Enthusiast
DiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Nook
I have both the nook classic and nook color. I prefer reading from the eink nook classic. I think it's lighter and has better battery life than the color. That's not to say that I don't love my color nook, but if I could only buy one and that one was to be used solely as an e-reader, then I would go with nook classic (I can't comment on the Sony since I've never used it). If you want to read magazines or play an app like "angry birds", then the nook color is great for that.

I also stare at a computer screen every day, all day, but I never found that that bothered me. But reading the nook color late at night in a dark room did bother me--no matter how I adjusted the brightness or background color. It just felt like I was looking at a monitor in the dark (which has never been a good thing for me).

As for washout, you will probably be fine during the day, though I wouldn't try it at the beach. If you're outside you just need to adjust the brightness.
DiannaInVA is offline   Reply With Quote