View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Wash out and reading on the Nook color

I want to get an e-Reader with my tax refund. So far, I am considering the Sony 650 and the Nook Classic. I like them both but kinda prefer the Sony. I've been interested in those two because they're eInk and can read library books as well as ePubs from a variety of stores.

Now, I've about LCDs being bad for the eyes. I admit I ate that up initially. However, now that I think about it, maybe this isn't true for everyone. I spend a lot of time looking at a computer screen and my eyes don't hurt at all. I use to work as a secretary and I was staring at a computer screen a lot during the day. Then I would come home and use the computer. So maybe an LCD wouldn't be so bad.

This has made me think about considering a Nook color. The price is only slightly higher than the Sony and it has the wonderful touch screen. I use an iPod Touch daily so I am very use to using a touchscreen. It reads library books and ePub and the screen is a nice size as well.

The only reservation I have is the screen washing out during the day. I tend to catch mass transit often and I would need the reader to work well on a bus that has lots of windows letting in lots of sunlight. I'm also a little concerned about the battery life of the Nook color, which I know is a lot less than the NC and the Sony. Although I imagine this is really only an issue if one is on a long flight or in a similar situation where charging is a challenge.

Has screen wash out been a huge issue for Nook Color owners or is it not really an issue? If you have both an eInk reader and a Nook Color, which one do you truly think is better for reading? Or are they about equal? in advance for your replies.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote