View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #17
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Yeah, full circle back to my first post in the thread.

The more I think about this the more I think highlighting is not the right approach for this plugin. The problem is that I am trying to highlight rows which need attention by the user. If they use the likes of the bulk metadata edit dialog to edit only a subset of the rows, they are going to lose their highlighted rows and have to run the plugin action again to see the rest. Plus either I select all the invalid rows for them which gives them no individual review or I only select the first which makes it a pain for them to select the rest.

The custom column approach has some challenges of its own but perhaps is a bit more flexible/robust in this situation.

EDIT: While I was typing you guys have come up with what sounds a nice solution to the "challenges" I had in mind... very cool.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote