View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 11:36 PM   #12
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur
ilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindles, iPad,Note 8, Note 3, iPhone 5,Sony 350& T1, Entourage PE & EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyBird View Post
The instructions for getting the Market loaded are available, and they are a little above what the average end-user is willing to do, but that will change - it will probably be pre-loaded eventually.

I've got my NC running Honeycomb off the SD card (8 GB class 6), and it runs well - I have the market, Nook App, Angry Birds, Perfect Viewer (for comics), and several other apps. I run into the occasional Force Close dialog, and the wifi issues, but as I'm mostly reading side-loaded pdf's (btw, adobe's reader for Android 3.0 is much nicer than the NC's pdf reader), those items are only minor annoyances. When my wife wants to read a book, I power it off, pop out the SD card and pass it to her as a stock 1.1 Nook Color. Best of both worlds really.
ThirtyBird,
I had no trouble at all making a bootable micro sd card with Honeycomb and another one with FROYO and yet I can NOT seem to get the Market on either one. I went to http://nookdevs.com/Honeycomb_Google_Apps_and_Market and tried to follow those instructions. Is that how you put the market on your micro sd with Honeycomb? If so, I don't know what I am doing wrong. Can you give directions as to what you did? I downloaded Angry Birds and the Kindle app for another website, but I really would like to be able to download from the market. I would really appreciate some assistance if someone can help please. Thanks.

I got it working. FINALLY. I'm not exactly sure what I was doing wrong before. I love this little tablet. : )

Last edited by ilovegadgets; 03-10-2011 at 08:53 AM.
ilovegadgets is offline   Reply With Quote