View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #45
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
A further follow-up on this internet streaming. I am having inconsistent behavior with this. While I can reliably play music from the Music directory the internet streaming seems to be troublesome. I have managed to get this to run once today, but attempts to use it after that have failed.

I don't have WiFi at home, so I need to be elsewhere to try this. I can confirm WiFi operation by opening the browser and confirm mplayer operation by playing local music. I stop mplayer and attempt to start one of the internet streams but get nothing other than the "Success!" message. I try all three I have defined, stopping mplayer between them, with similar results.

How can I best debug this to see what is causing the problem? I could change the script to capture the mplayer stdout/stderr in a file in the installdir for later inspection and see if the problem is with mplayer. I could modify the command line in mplayer.ini to likewise capture stdout/stderr for later inspection.

Are there any better ways to accomplish this? Am I the only one seeing this problem?
If you need more than the one station included in the above message, change "WMAL" to "WBAP" and "WABC" for the other two I was working with.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote