View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 08:38 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Me too. I voted for the one where the 'o' is the "wheel" of the robot-device, because I'm a sucker for a logo that has the added bonus of a potential mascot.

If it wins, I vote that next poll should be about our robot-mascot's name!

We had exactly this same discussion, montsnmags!

You've hit the nail on the head, aapezzuto -- the splitting between similar logos was specifically discussed in fact, but the massive response was, as Alex said above, the primary reason we decided we had to narrow it down.

We would have preferred to have a vote on all of them, but the shear number of them was more than we could pull off. Among other things, the forum software won't handle a poll with 90 options, and voting in so large a poll would be an exercise somewhere between futility and sensory overload.

If you want an idea of what that would be like, have a look here.

We simply had to narrow it down some, there just wasn't any way around it. Some of the criteria we applied were whether they met the stated requirements for submission, whether they would scale well (remember we need to use a logo at both large and small size, so they have to work both ways), things like that.

Note that I'm not referencing any particular submission here, I couldn't begin to keep the details on each of the 90 straight in my memory.