View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 06:00 PM   #37
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Then the answer is clear:

We must all go buy those cool new e-ink watches.
;-)
In all earnestness, I believe that e-ink will flourish, as other companies/manufacturers realise other implications for the technology, and more people warm to the idea of using it.
Personally, once they have a colour e-ink photo frame for sale bigger than 5"x7", I'll buy it.

As for the surface, its price, portability, &tc, my point is that new technologies mean new ways to do things. I have no coffee table, and no room for one, but I like the idea of artsy things in my house. Now, an OLED super-sized screen with a thumb drive port? Who needs coffee table art then?
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote